Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!


Seth woke me up with a kiss on the cheek and a whispered "happy birthday" and headed off to work.

The boys let me SLEEP IN until 8:15! What? When was the last time that ever happened? (Not since early bird Isaac was born!)

I had lots of "happy birthday" texts and emails and Facebook messages and cards already waiting for me when I woke up and they kept arriving throughout the day. I guess people have figured out by now not to call me, because no one did.

While the boys ate breakfast, I Magic Erasered my kitchen walls and ceiling! So sparkly brand new! And then they played while the rest of the house got cleaned!

Isaac went down for his morning nap and I read to Ezra for 45 minutes! He's sitting "still" longer and is getting really into reading books. I mean, we read every day, but I think he's getting into it more. Perhaps because we discovered Dr. Suess? My mom has read them to him before (or parts of them) but I've only looked at the pictures with him. This time, however, I read every sing songy word in three or four books. By the time we were done reading and cuddling and talking about the books we'd read, Isaac woke up, smiling and cooing.

Shortly thereafter, Seth came home with paninis and soup and cookies and grapes for a picnic! Sadly, it was pouring really hard, so we didn't go out to a park like he originally planned but had a picnic in our living room. It was so sweet and thoughtful of Seth to plan ahead and try to make one of my favorite things happen (especially because he's not the biggest fan of picnics).

Then we spent the rest of the day hanging out at the house together.

So basically all of my favorite things. Seth remembered my birthday + sleeping in + cleaning/cleaned house + reading + picnic.

Ezra helped make a birthday cake, but we actually didn't do candles or sing happy birthday until the next day. So two days of celebration! And we still haven't even celebrated our month of birthdays with my family yet. It feels so odd to group all of our birthdays together in one big celebration, because we've never done that before (in 27 years!) but it's getting harder and harder to get two or three of us together, let alone get everyone together. So that will come next week, with a big party up at Jack's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment