Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Update #38 (9/20/13)

Well.

I did a bit more blogging this week, so I can link to more of our "adventures" this week instead of solely recapping here.

Last week and weekend were full of lots of small talk for me (BSF, BEN, two! baby showers!, church, etc.) and by Sunday morning's nursery fiasco I just broke down in tears. I don't really think of myself as an introvert except for when I get so depleted by the accumulation of these (already a bit daunting for me) social interactions.

I have been lonely for friendship and fellowship, so I did appreciate that we were spending more time with people... it was just too much, too close together. I think my introversion is exacerbated by the fact that I have no time alone to "recharge". Ever. In my previous life I thought of myself as more introverted than I do now, but I had more time alone. (As much as I wanted!) Now I'm a weepy, dependent mess, craving social interaction and then shriveling up when I get it.

Ezra's aversion to the church nursery and I suppose general disobedience have been particularly difficult for me to deal with this week too. Ezra has been endearingly cute, though. Despite himself. And I certainly can't fault him for how he loves his brother.

Thankfully Seth has been making a concerted effort to be especially helpful this week. I even got a nap on Sunday (albeit with Isaac)! Have you ever heard of such a thing?

I've been so grateful for that little nap all week long.

We had some friends over Monday to play and sew. Monday night Ezra woke up screaming! He's been having nightmares for the last few weeks, but this was a particularly distressed cry. Of course, about two minutes after Seth brought him to bed so I could comfort him, Ezra threw up. On my face and neck and hair.

I also had the lovely experience of being confined to the couch with just about the most severe cramping I've ever had on Tuesday.

By Wednesday, we had just about the biggest pile of dirty laundry and dirty dishes were piling up (because of course no one could just drink out of one glass!?) But we were gone all day Wednesday! attempting to go to BSF and then spending some time at my parents' house and then going to dinner for my dad's 56th birthday.

It's been very strange to not celebrate anyone's birthday yet. I mean, we went to dinner for Dad's, but we didn't even do cake and ice cream! Hannah spent her birthday working and then at dinner with Andrew and David had his first apprenticeship class on his birthday... I was really sad about it last year: we no longer celebrate everyone's birthday on their birthday, all together. This year I guess I'm just resigned. We are going to do a lump-everyone-together celebration at Jack's next week though.

Today we finally made it to the fair! I really needed a family date; it was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment