Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ezra is Adorable

I was nursing Isaac in the "pink chair" while Ezra played on the other side of the room. His diaper must have been full or put on incorrectly, because he peed all over me. So I was already wet from that when, as soon as he finished eating, he spit up all over me!

Ezra must have heard it or saw it happen because he immediately raced over to me. "Mommy! Isaac 'pit up! Oh no! I get you a wipe!" and seconds later he'd raced over to where the wipes were, grabbed one, and raced back. Such service!

* * * * *

Isaac was sleeping so we went on a little walk around the front yard, Ezra chattering the whole time. He observed "oh, the big puddle is back!" thanks to the rain. But we couldn't "'plash in it because we're not wearing boots". (Of course, though, he didn't want me to get his boots because he "like[s] his circle shoes instead".) And then he observed that there was a rope hanging from the branch on the tree with a swing. Yes, I agreed, it was a swing. But that wasn't specific enough for him. "Mommy, it's a tire swing." After I pushed him a few times we were ready to go explore more. We went to go look at some bushes.

We were looking at a tree and he noticed it had acorns! Green acorns! (The big tree in our driveway has brown acorns.) I picked one to show him, but it was actually two acorns fused together! He saw them and said "Oh, look! It's brother acorns!"

* * * * *

We went to the DOL to pick up our new license plates and tabs. I asked him, on the way there, if he knew what a license plate was (knowing that he didn't). He said, "hmmm. Those crazy green trees?" and pointed at the trees we were driving past. And then proceeded to guess a bunch of ridiculous things. "Pink yogurt on a stick?" Etc.

* * * * *

I was on the phone, speaking to my new BSF leader for this year. She asked whether I had children and I said "yes, my son Ezra is two years old and my son Isaac is six months old." Ezra was on the front porch with me, and immediately started correcting me. "Mom! Mom! Isaac is zero. Not six. Mom! Isaac zero."


No comments:

Post a Comment