Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Update #37 (9/13/13)

We went to a funeral on Saturday. Afterward, during the fellowship meal, Ezra and two of his friends made a lot of people smile by walking throughout the throngs of people with Ezra on a "leash," panting and barking.


Sunday we went on a girls-only date to Shipwreck Beads in Olympia. I haven't beaded in ages, so even though I vaguely knew how to do some of the techniques they showed us, it was a good refresher course.

And I picked up a few supplies I needed to fix some of my old earrings. In addition to making a bracelet and earrings, I forced my new earrings through my poor neglected ears. I took my earrings off for my ultrasound with Ezra in December 2010 and haven't worn any since. Oops.




We capped off our "date" with a stop at a delicious Mexican restaurant. Yum!

Andrew came over afterwards for one last visit with us before flying off to England again.



Isaac can now officially sit up and (army) crawl. Of course he'll continue to work on and then improve each "skill" but I say "officially" because there's no denying that he can actually do both things.

We went out to eat lunch on Tuesday at an Asian food buffet (yes, in two weeks we went out to eat twice!?!) Even Isaac got in on the all-you-can-eat action.

Yes, I know it's a citrus-y fruit...
 He's obsessed with food! Perhaps even more so now that he's actually tasted it? He grabs everything he sees. And if he has to crawl for it? No problem.



Ezra learned the phrases "right now!" and "I said, ____" (both in very demanding, as well as condescending tones) and has been trying to use them all week.

He also attended his very first Bible Study Fellowship class. Essentially it's a pre-school class, I suppose. It went so much better than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment