Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Update #24 (6/14/13)

Since February I've been working really hard at finishing some projects around the house, like super cleaning every surface and purging as much as possible. Until Isaac was born, I focused on getting things ready for him, but since I'm no longer pregnant I've been able to do a lot more deep cleaning. My mobility and energy are (comparatively) so (much) high(er)!



My Dad, David and Seth all spent Thursday working in our yard, mowing and getting rid of a lot of the junk laying around (scrap wood and rusted metal pipes, etc). It looks AMAZING now! I am so excited. It's so nice to look out the window at freshly cut grass and not see a pile of dilapidated pallets, etc.


Ezra loved mowing the grass with Grandpa. I think he rode on the "tractor" with him for an hour straight. Then, after a quick sandwich, hopped on for another hour. Grandpa AND a tractor? What could be better?


This week Ezra has gone crazy with his shoe and dress wearing. He started wearing my flats, or one of my flats along with one of my old bridesmaid shoes. That's his favorite look. You'd think it'd be hard enough for him to walk in heels, let alone one flat and one heel, but nope. No problem. He also learned to race and can maintain his perfect balance and excessive speed even in his mismatched shoes. Goofball. Every blanket gets wrapped around his body and worn as a "beautiful dress" too.

Mom was officially offered a job at PLU in their Student Involvement and Leadership office and graduated with her A.A. from Pierce College. We're all so excited for her! She worked so hard to obtain both, and it's encouraging to see her hard work pay off.


Isaac has been very cute and sweet lately. He's always cute and sweet, I know, but lately he's just been especially enjoyable. He's been smiling a lot more and it's so rewarding to see his face light up in a smile when he hears my voice or sees my face. It's certainly easier to change his diapers or nurse him or wipe up his spit up when he reacts so happily to my ministrations.


Ezra's sleeping a bit better, plus Seth has been home, so I've been able to spend more one-on-one time with Isaac. I feel like he gets neglected sometimes. He doesn't really, because Ezra gives him additional attention, and I spend much of my day chasing after Ezra with Isaac in my arms. And, of course, Seth holds Isaac every chance he gets. But I don't necessarily get to cuddle him just for the sake of cuddling him, or ooh and aww over him and him alone. So it's sweet to have some of that extra time to bond with him. I feel like I'm enjoying him as a baby more and more.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great update. Looking out the window at freshly mowed grass is one of my favorite things as well!

    ReplyDelete