Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Update #21 (5/24/13)

This week I worked a good 40 hours at the studio, both teaching piano lessons (for the last week of the school year!) and filling in for the usual office manager. I haven't worked so much since I was pregnant with Ezra! Consequently, not much laundry got done and we ate a lot of sandwiches. Seth's in his busy season for moving, so when he's home he spends most of his time with the boys and making moving calls.

Seth played for Faith again on Monday, catching, and went 2 for 4. The boys and I tagged along to watch. I wore Isaac in the Moby wrap and Allison and Sarah were there too (to watch their church's team play, but actually spent more of their time playing with Ezra). On the drive there I made Ezra practice saying "yay Daddy!" and when Seth got a hit we stood on the first baseline cheering together. It was so cute and sweet to watch him cheer. Of course, he was nearly as excited to drink Daddy's extra Vitamin Water as he was when Seth got a hit...



It was also really cute when, on Tuesday, Ezra put on his new baseball pjs and said "oh! baseball! baseball like Daddy!" He also now recognizes the Mariner's compass star and points it out every time he sees it. (Although, I love it more how he says "touchdown" when he sees a Seahawk.)

But on Thursday Dad dropped Isaac and I off at the studio and went into the cafe to visit with Hannah and eat breakfast. I'd only been working a half an hour when Dad brought Ezra in to me and said "well, he kind of had a seizure". He must have seen the look at my face because he quickly backpedaled and said that it was more like a spasm. Ezra had a fever and was completely lethargic. (A quick change since an hour before when he was running around the house.) I sent them home and Ezra took a three hour nap and some aspirin to get his fever down... When I got done at the studio I came home and just held him.

Today he's been more active, but more actively naughty. He's alternating wailing sobs and horrific tantrums. There's nothing quite so pathetic as when he holds his jaws and says "hurts!" His last teething episode (six molars in three weeks) was the month before Isaac was born, so though I was huge and miserable, I didn't have to take care of a baby and Ezra. I can see his eye teeth right underneath his gums, so hopefully once they pop up he'll start feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment