Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Update #8 (2/22/13)

I'm carrying this baby differently now.  I'm certainly getting more uncomfortable and exhausted! But there's still a month to go. Still, that doesn't sound so far away as it used to.

I've been working at getting the house cleaned and organized. I purged books from my history and politics and fiction and literary criticism sections and got rid of four (albeit small) boxes of books! There were a number of duplicates as well as some books that I'll never read again or even recommend, etc. And I made sure everything was alphabetized and dusted off the shelves. (Now we just have to do the same for the shelves in our room - theology/Christian living.) And Seth went through lots of useless electrical cords and old CDs from old computers, etc., and we threw those away. I filled up another box of stuff for Goodwill/whatever of random clutter. I cleaned out two file drawers. I went through all of the stuff that had been in our desk (files, office supplies, etc.) and purged a bunch of it and then organized and labeled it all in a bunch of small boxes that are now up on the shelf. Of course, there are millions of things I still want to do before this baby comes, but days like this are so productive, despite the physical toll. I love having stuff cleaned and organized.




No comments:

Post a Comment