Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Update #29 (7/19/13)

Wow. This has been quite the week.

Over the weekend we went to Grandpa and Grandma's condo at Ocean Shores. It was so beautiful and sunny! We got home Sunday night and Seth took Ezra swimming.


But that was the last relaxing moment  we had all week. It's been a rough, rough week for the business, for a number of reasons. Poor Seth is exhausted, physically and mentally/emotionally.

I think all week (except Wednesday) I've been alone with the boys. For 10-12 hour workdays. Ezra totally wears me out. He's really cute and fun to be with, but he's also too energetic!

Tuesday we both had big meltdowns about his stubborn refusal to potty train. He very clearly knows what to do, he just won't do it. It's difficult for him to sit still long enough to use the toilet, but more than that he's just being stubborn. We're about to leave for almost a week to California, otherwise I would fight this battle here and now. Instead? I'm giving up until after our trip.

He also has been begging to 'real painting" (no more watercolors!) for weeks. This week I finally let him help me paint his little table and chairs and it was even messier than I thought it would be.


Isaac's rolling over all the time and starting to scooch around on his stomach and he's trying to sit up kinda sorta. I'm amazed, but not surprised. And he's on pace with Ezra at this age.


I know "everyone" hopes for immobile babies as long as possible because they find immobile babies to be easier than mobile babies. But if Isaac can sit up and soon crawl he can get away from Ezra! I have to so carefully watch Ezra around him, so it's not like I ever get to set him up with toys and walk away (unless I walk away with Ezra). So why not start crawling? (Except that he's a mere four months old!!)

Wednesday we went on another Downtown on the Go walk. This time it was led by the estimable Ron Magden and it was amazing!

The only thing that would make this photo better would be if they were both looking at the camera. I love it:

No comments:

Post a Comment