Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Update #1 (1/4/13)

[It's my goal to post an update every Friday, so let's see if this works:]

We rang in the New Year at our annual Evangelical Reformed Church Bunco party. Actually, my mom has organized (and hosted) a Bunco party on New Year's Eve for (what seems to be) most of my life, but once we started attending ERC and as the guest list kept expanding, we started meeting at church.


As part of the evening's festivities, many people make hats out of construction paper and then there's a hat parade and everyone votes on the best hat. This year Seth made Ezra the cutest lion hat. He cut out a mane and even made a tail! I was so impressed with his creativity! Dad also made a "Have a Good Day" hat, which won "Most Original".


And as is also tradition, we went to the Hamlin's for the Rose Bowl and pizza on New Year's day.

Seth turned 27 on the third. FAST Moving already had a job booked for the evening, but then a last minute job in Kirkland came up for him Thursday morning as well. Because it was on such short notice, my dad worked the job with him. Ezra and I rode up in the van with Seth and spent the two hours that Seth and Dad worked hanging out in the car. Ezra did a great job, actually, in such a confined space for such a long time (giving me hope for our upcoming plane trip to Nevada next week).

After the job finished, Dad took Ezra with him to Grandma and Grandpa's (to finish up some wiring on their new office remodel) and then they spent a few hours at the Northgate Mall, playing in the kids play area and window shopping for shoes.

[photo]

Seth and I (on Esther's recommendation) went to lunch at The Beach House, right on Lake Washington. The most time I've spent near Lake Washington is just driving over the bridge, so it was fun to sit and eat and talk and enjoy the view.

Because it was so cold we didn't walk along the water, but we did get ice cream and sat in the car eating it and talking about the ways Seth has celebrated his birthday each year. (Or trying to...) Then we drove to my parent's house where I hung out with Ezra while Seth worked his second job, and then we headed back to our house and had cake and ice cream.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you want to update weekly! Are the [photo] spots just place holders until you get the photos in?

    ReplyDelete