Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Update #18 (5/8/15) **needs photos

On Sunday we were supposed to go up to my grandparents' house after church but our after-church meeting ended an hour later than expected and then we still stayed at church for another hour and "debriefed" with some of the people in the meeting. We didn't regret staying, and it seemed pretty necessary, but then we had to rush and find a gas station bathroom for the boys and it took two tries. And then I5 was backed up and it was already 3pm (and we'd expected to be at my grandparents' by 1:30) and Isaac was starting to fall asleep (a 3pm nap start time means he'll be up til 11pm, long after my bedtime) so we decided to just stay in Tacoma. We tried to go to Chick-a-fila, but didn't remember, until we noticed the drive through was blocked off, that they're closed on Sunday. So we went to the Food Court in the mall and had yummy Thai and Chinese food and then played at the play place and Seth and I debriefed further.

Monday I cancelled my piano lessons because we're still sharing a car (it's been too hard to find time to talk about what we should do, let alone do it!) and Seth had to teach and then go coach the last baseball game of the season. The boys and I tagged along. It was a beautiful day and the Chief Leshi field and surrounding area is really nice, so we had a great time. (It certainly didn't hurt that the Crusaders scored some points and had a decent pitching and fielding performance, leading to a win!) Ezra spent about an hour picking me daisies while Isaac mostly rolled around in the grass.





After the game we had to go meet one of Seth's employees and then Ezra asked if we could go to Ana's grave, so, after getting Chick-a-fila finally, we decided to go! It was a sweet evening.


Tuesday we started our new Y session with swimming lessons and gymnastic class, and then I taught all day. Isaac woke up especially early and even before I woke up had exhibited a particularly difficult attitude, which, unfortunately, was not something he gave up until he arrived at grandpa's house. I don't remember a more difficult 4-5 hour span in recent months. Certainly not while we've been out and about! Thankfully, Ezra could not have been more sweet and obedient and helpful, which I certainly recognized as a special grace bestowed upon me.

And Wednesday was Ezra's FOURTH BIRTHDAY!!!!??!! Oh, he is such a blessing to me and I am so very, very grateful for these last four years (and nine months besides). I think he felt celebrated.

[photo]

Thursday morning Ezra woke up and told me to feel his muscles because, now that he's four, "they're so much bigger!" Silly guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment