Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Update #13 (4/3/15)

I'm not sure how it started, but the boys are obsessed with Seth throwing them up in the air. Outside, especially, because then he throws them higher. "Daddy, frow me in da air! 'Eeese? Outdide!" is a request Seth hears a good 5-10 times a day. It used to scare me a bit, but they really are hardly out of his hands for more than 2-3 seconds and he hasn't ever come close to dropping them.


Saturdays are often the longest day of the week, I suppose because they are Seth's longest day of work and because we usually don't have any activities planned. I try to take the boys somewhere, but sometimes I chicken out for fear "everywhere" will be too crowded. This week, however, I braved the (theoretical) crowds and took the boys to one of our favorite parks.





My parents were doing yard work, so they called and invited us over. The boys looovvveee gardening with Grandma. I don't think they're actually helpful, but she is very kind to let them "help". 


If I spread a blanket out on the floor, excitement spikes. A picnic! So we had a little picnic of waffles and blueberries before church:


We headed to my parents' after church for a meal with all of my siblings. We used to try to get together every Sunday, but it just doesn't work that way any more, as everyone has jobs and various obligations. So these days we're lucky to make it happen once a month or so.

Ezra has been talking about finding Seth a Hulk t-shirt (to go along with his Superman t-shirts and Isaac's Batman t-shirts) for Father's Day, since Seth told them that The Hulk was his favorite Superhero (something that wasn't a lie, but wasn't exactly true either... neither of us had ever considered who our favorite Superhero was before!). So when we were at Walmart this week and we saw a Hulk shirt for $8 (instead of $26 on Amazon as I'd seen), it wasn't too difficult for the boys to convince me to buy it. The plan was to wait until Father's Day, though, to give it to Seth. I hid it away when we got home, hoping the boys would forget about it. But no: every day we talked about it and the anticipation of giving it to Seth proved to be too much, so we told him it was a present for being such a good Daddy. Ezra immediately requested that he put it on and that he lift some heavy things and smash them, since that's what The Hulk does.


This was Seth's first week of teaching drama class at TBS. It definitely breaks up his day and sometimes will make it hard to do moving jobs, but we're excited that he gets this opportunity.

On Wednesdays I teach piano lessons at my parents' house, to three sisters who attend the elementary school across the street. I used to teach two kids who go to our church, Drew and Darya, when they attended the same school, but this week they got to come over and play anyway.


We all headed over to the school, after lessons, to play on the playground for a while too:


We didn't plan to let Isaac's hair grow out, but we're having a difficult time making plans to cut it. Look at these curls!


Ezra really, really wants to climb trees. I don't think he's quite ready yet, but we also don't see very many good climbing trees. There is this little fruit tree on our property, though, and Ezra convinced me to help him climb it.


On a whim this week I found some old Sword of Judgement videos on YouTube and introduced the boys to a different image of their Uncle than they usually get to see. They loved it!





Once a month, usually on the last Friday of the month,we plan a game night for our church youth group. We had other plans last Friday, though, so March's game night was held this week. We have a potluck meal (this time personal pizzas) and spend a bit of time in prayer, but primarily just spend time together, playing games. I don't always get to go, but this time I got a babysitter and tagged along with Seth.



No comments:

Post a Comment