Sunday, October 6, 2013

Paintball!


Seth and I get to be involved in the high school youth ministry again this year. Seth is teaching Sunday School and I get to help with some of the lesson planning, as well as event planning. We have such a "huge" (comparatively speaking) group of high schoolers this year! And, a month in, attendance has been great.

We're determined to plan at least one event each month, alternating the focus of each event between service and recreation. In August we painted the youth room. Several things happened in September that postponed what was to be our inaugural youth event: paintball!

So, on the first day of October we took the entire day and did our service activity and then, after lunch, went paintballing.

Early Saturday morning, Seth and a number of the youth went over to help one of the families from our church prepare their new house for their upcoming move. I went to church with Ezra and Isaac and played with them in the nursery (yay! for Ezra having a positive nursery experience! acclimation!) and got food prepped.

Then my mom came and picked up the boys and we all drove out to South Prairie. I'd originally planned to stay home with the boys, but once my parents found that out they sacrificed their rare afternoon off to take the boys to a Greek Festival/street fair and Emily's volleyball game. And I'm so glad I went. It was really fun to hang out with the youth and get to know them better and watch them enjoy one another's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment