Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Update #12 (3/22/13)

Ezra is in love with Isaac. It's so sweet. He asks to hold him often and kisses him and "pets" his head even more often. He does, however and of course, get jealous too. Nursing is our most difficult time; Ezra often uses it to go make some mess or he tries to pull my arm/hands away from Isaac and asks to be held.

Isaac is the opposite of Ezra in so many ways. It astounds me how many preferences he has already at a mere, what? 10 days old. Ezra had them too, of course, and those same preferences as a newborn have continued on to present day. It's so weird! I guess maybe because I do think of newborns as mostly little aliens rather than people (they look like aliens, at least. I'd forgotten how ugly newborns are!)

Ezra hated to be swaddled and held tight; Isaac loves it. He only cries when he has a wet diaper or when he's unswaddled. But I forget all the time to wrap him so tightly, because Ezra trained me so well to not wrap him. Isaac also spits up. What?!?! I forgot that babies were able to do that. Ezra never did. Of course, Isaac hardly spits up comparative to anyone but Ezra. Just when I forget to hold him upright after nursing. Once again, it's parental error. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment