Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Update #10 (3/8/13)

This week started off normally enough: I taught some piano lessons, went to BSF, we played at the park with two of the girls I teach, etc. But then we went to my (38 week) midwife appointment and she at last was able to convince me that some of the movement I'd been experiencing all week was of the um, contraction variety. Sigh. I've just completely convinced myself (or had! past tense! I'm working on unconvincing myself and I think I'm doing a good job finally) that contractions are painful. So the sure, uncomfortable and noticeable but not painful movement I had been experiencing was chalked up to an extremely active baby and general pregnancy discomfort. I was also far more dilated and effaced than any of us would have expected, and all throughout my check up was having contractions. They haven't stopped; they're actually getting stronger each day. My midwife predicts Monday (March 11th), so we'll see if that's the case!

No comments:

Post a Comment