Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Update #10 (3/13/15)

On Monday we got to watch Aurora one last time, before her grandparents returned home, so we played at home all morning and then went to play at Cirque Park while Seth had practice. I left right after practice ended and raced to go pick up my friend so we could go to an informational meeting for a homeschool co-op we're considering. This particular co-op meets in Lacey, but is part of a nation-wide co-op called Classical Conversations.

It was good to hear more about CC and meet the people involved in this particular community, but it was also really nice to spend some time talking with Tiffany about our educational goals for our four year olds. I think we'll be doing a lot of lesson planning and generally encouraging one another throughout this summer and coming school year.

And then I dropped Tiffany off and got to go out to coffee with my friend Ali. It was so late when we met up and then we stayed in the coffee shop til it closed and then sat in my car in the parking lot until we were both yawning more than we were talking! I do know I miss Ali, but when we actually spend time together I realize how much I miss her. Moscow is too far away. And I'm not very good about staying in touch with people that I don't see.

The next morning I actually took the boys to Ali's mom's house so the kids could all play together. Ezra loves Effie and just couldn't wait to see her (and hold her). And Sam and Isaac played together quite a bit too. It's so fun to see my friends' kids in person, because seeing photos on Facebook or whatever just doesn't really give a full picture of their personalities and so on.



After Ali's we went to Fred Meyer and did a bit of shopping for my Mom's birthday. Ezra gets really excited about getting people presents but if you take him too early then he has a hard time waiting to give the birthday person their present. So it usually works best to go the day before or day of. Anyway, we got Mom some bulbs and a "flower cake" and then went to my parents' house and I dropped the boys off with Dad so I could teach. Dad and the boys wrapped the presents and made the cutest "Happy Birthday" sign. I actually finished teaching earlier than expected and got home just minutes before Mom did, so I got to hide with Dad and the boys and jump out and surprise her when she walked in the door. I think she was sufficiently surprised and thrilled with the attention.

[photo]

Last week Seth had a basketball banquet with the players and other coaches to celebrate the end of the season and the players' accomplishments, but this week the head coach (who is actually our pastor) took all of the coaches and their wives out to dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. It was a bit difficult to find babysitting, but I was able to convince my friend Tiffany to watch my boys for a few hours while Seth and I went to the restaurant. The food was so good and it was just so nice to go out with other adults. I also like to see other people appreciate my husband, so that didn't hurt either. ;)

Wednesday Isaac was a bit fussy and clingy, but not ridiculously so. But that night he woke up throwing up on Ezra (so that was a fun thing to clean up at 2am). Fortunately Isaac woke up Thursday morning perfectly cheerful and didn't throw up again, so we just thought it was a weird fluke?

Seth worked early, so he was home early enough to let me slip away to another informational meeting for a different CC community. He took the boys to Cirque where they played in the sunshine some more, before I came and met them. It's nice that practices (and eventually games) are outside and at a park. It's not a great park, but it's still more fun than a tiny gym (like we had at basketball).



Seth and I had a hard time not acknowledging to Isaac that it was his birthday, but we didn't want to confuse him or Ezra since we were going to have a party for him a few days later. I was definitely a bit weepy leading up to Isaac's birthday and Seth kinda teased me for it, but Seth was feeling pretty sentimental and nostalgic on Isaac's birthday too.

Sadly, Thursday night Seth started throwing up so we finally had to acknowledge that we had probably succumbed to the stomach flu going around. Seth was miserable all night and then spent Friday trying to recover. The boys and I skipped gymnastics and playgroup to stay home to take care of him, which was initially disappointing but also providential because by afternoon I was starting to feel sick too. I only ever felt nauseated and took like three naps, and Ezra never got sick, but it was still a rough couple of days. I was so glad for the TV, because Seth and I were not up for playing with the kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment