Friday, June 22, 2012

Decorating Advice?

This summer I've been trying to straighten up our house and get things organized and cleaned up. And decorated. Especially putting stuff up on the walls. So weigh in:

Issue #1:

I saw this project somewhere on the internet. A few months ago I broke the glass to this wood frame, so it was perfect for the job. I grabbed some dark purple craft paint, gave it two coats, "nailed" a nail into the wall (with a mug, since I couldn't find a hammer), hung a blinder clip on the nail and then hung the frame on the nail too. Then I hung Ezra's latest drawing in the clip. Ta da!

I can't decide, though, if I really like it.



 Issue #2:

What to do with this big section of blank wall?

These two frames were standing up on our mantle, but on a whim I hung them up. I think they're too small for this area and I don't necessarily think I like family photos on the wall? I don't know, I have conflicting feelings about that.

I think I'm at least going to frame a 8x10 of the three of us and hang it there to see if that works.


Issue #3

I haven't found a plant to plant in this hanger. (Which Mom macraméd in high school 30 some years ago.)


2 comments:

  1. Okay you asked me to weigh in so here is my opinion, but of course your taste and mine are not the same so you don't have to take my word as law. :)

    #1. I really like this idea, but I like it more for a nursery or child's bedroom (or even the kitchen?) rather than the living room. I also think that the frame you have is a little too large for the artwork that Ezra is doing. So either you need to get him to paint on bigger paper or you need to break a smaller frame. Again, this issue would not be as noticeable if the artwork was in Ezra's bedroom or something...I think.

    #2. I've been debating the whole family photo on the wall thing too! I grew up with it but I have found that in my house now, I like to keep the family photos in the bedrooms or maybe the hallways upstairs where only the family goes? Not sure about that though. I always liked yours on your mantle too and think they are fine on the wall, but perhaps the 8x10 would fit that space a little better. Or even the 8X10 surrounded by those two?

    #3. Next time you go to the grocery store, BUY A PLANT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 I do often give Ezra 8 1/2 x 11 paper, and that would fit better... For this house I've managed to fill up the nursery and kitchen walls. It's the living room walls I'm having issues with... Living with this doesn't help either. Some days I hate it, some days I like it.

    #2 I decided I don't want family photos in my bedroom. I'd say hall/where only family goes, except I love looking at people's photos when I'm at their house. So if I like it so much, why do I want to deprive other people of the same, um, enjoyment? Seth in particular, though, thinks it's weird to hang photos of family... I'm going to try the 8x10. This week?

    #3 If I go to a "plant store" maybe I'll have better luck. Even Fred Meyer has disappointed.

    ReplyDelete